Full service Equine Rehabilitation Center. Conveniently located half way between Warrenton and Culpeper, in Catlett, Virginia!
We offer rehabilitation tailored to your horse’s individual needs. Indigo Ancestral Health has teamed with Storybrooke Farms to offer a one of a kind facility where the focus is on species appropriate nutrition, lifestyle, and biomechanics to help guide horses toward optimal health of both mind and body. We believe that nutrition and mineral balance are the foundations from which healing begins. Our Functional Nutritional Therapy Practitioner (FNTP) oversees all nutrition regimes, physical therapy, and turnout. We work directly with the True North Equine veterinarians to provide the best of conventional and holistic modalities, as well as innovative farriers, to develop a therapeutic program that fits the bio-individual requirements of your horse.
Our nutrition based rehabilitation program is specifically designed to accelerate your horse’s healing while fueling their body to regain optimal health. Our physical therapy program emphasizes using the natural biomechanics of the horse to increase stamina and strength, slowly and correctly, in order to reduce re-injury and increase long-term soundness. Our wellness team is well versed in all aspects of equine health, and is dedicated to exceptional care and supporting the healing process of each horse in the program.
Whether your needs are lay-up post injury or surgery, let down after a competitive season, laminitis or Cushing's management, to heal from chronic ulcers, allergies, lameness, Lyme disease, or any other aliment, our program can help you get the results that are essential to you and your horse.
Space is limited. Please contact for availability.
Included in all Rehabilitation Packages:
- Functional Evaluation and nutritional recommendations based on the bio-individuality of each horse
- Nutrient dense, personalized feed regime provided twice daily
- High quality, unlimited hay is available at all times
- Whole barn water filtration to aide in elimination of sediment, toxins, and heavy metals
- Owner provided (and FNTP/Veterinarian approved) supplements fed at no additional cost
- Regenerative grazing techniques followed to promote nutrient density of grass
- Minimum of 6 inches of bedding at all times to encourage recumbent rest
- Daily grooming to encourage circulation and myofascial release
- Up to twice daily boot application/removal for podiatry patients
- Blanketing and fly masks applied as needed
- Enclosed motor fans in every stall
- Holding for the Veterinarian and Farrier
- Hair Tissue Mineral Analysis and interpretation as necessary to help with balancing of micro nutrients
- Absolutely no pesticides, herbicides, or toxic chemicals used on this property. All cleaning products are EWG verified.
- Weekly photos to help document physical changes during the healing process
- Monthly video to document progression of soundness (when applicable)
- Customized physical therapy and re-conditioning regimes available as add-on services to Primary and Secondary care packages
- Practitioner lives on site
- 24/7 camera monitoring for each stall
- Access to 49' x 28' dry lot
Primary Care: $975/month
Once daily stall cleaning
Twice daily medicating (Oral, IM, or intranasal)
Turnout/in (if applicable) or up to 20 minutes hand walking per day
Secondary Care: $1100/month
Once daily stall cleaning
Three times daily medicating (Oral, IM, or intranasal)
Once daily soaking and/or wrap change or wound care
Turnout/in (if applicable) or 20 minutes hand walking per day
Tertiary Care: $1300/month
Twice daily stall cleaning
Four times per day medicating (Oral, IM, or intranasal)
Twice daily soaking and/or wrap changes and/or wound care
Turnout/in (if applicable) or up to 40 minutes hand walking per day
Intensive Care: $1500+/month
Three times per day stall cleaning
24-hour monitoring and medicating as needed
Up to 3 soaks and/or wrap changes and/or wound care per day
Up to 90 minutes hand walking per day