OPENING FALL OF 2022
Full service Equine Nutritional Wellness and Rehabilitation Center. Conveniently located half way between Warrenton and Culpeper, in Catlett, Virginia!
We offer rehabilitation and reconditioning programs tailored to your horse’s individual needs. Indigo Ancestral Health has partnered with Storybrooke Farms to offer a one of a kind facility where the focus is on species appropriate nutrition, lifestyle, and biomechanics to help guide horses toward optimal health of both mind and body. We believe that nutrition and mineral balance are the foundations from which healing begins. Our Functional Nutritional Therapy Practitioner (FNTP) oversees all nutrition regimes, physical therapy, and turnout. We work directly with veterinarians from across the country, incorporating allopathic and holistic modalities, as well as topnotch farriers, to develop a therapeutic program that fits the bio-individual requirements of your horse. Our nutrition based rehabilitation program is specifically designed to accelerate your horse’s healing while fueling their body to regain optimal health. Our physical therapy program emphasizes using the natural biomechanics of the horse to increase stamina and strength, slowly and correctly, in order to reduce re-injury and increase long term soundness. Our wellness team is well versed in all aspects of equine health and is dedicated to exceptional care and supporting the healing process of each horse in the program.
Whether your needs are lay-up post injury, let down after a competitive season, to heal from chronic ulcers, allergies, lameness, Lyme disease, abuse, or any other aliment, our program can help you get the results that are essential to you and your horse.
Space is limited to 10 horses. Please contact for availability.
Services and amenities included in our monthly Rehabilitation package:
- Functional Evaluation and nutritional recommendations based on the bio-individuality of each horse
- Nutrient dense, personalized feed regime provided twice daily
- High quality, unlimited hay is available at all times
- Whole barn water filtration to aide in elimination of sediment, toxins, and heavy metals
- Owner provided (and FNTP/Veterinarian approved) supplements fed at no additional cost
- Regenerative grazing techniques followed to promote nutrient density of grass (hay and soil analyses available upon request)
- Stall cleaning twice daily for stall rest horses, once daily for all others
- Minimum of 6 inches of bedding at all times to encourage recumbent sleep
- Access to run-in shelters at all times
- Daily grooming to encourage circulation and myofascial release
- Blanketing and fly masks applied
- Owner provided medications administered as prescribed by Veterinarian
- Wrapping, bandage changes, soaking, and wound care as recommended by Veterinarian
- Holding for the Veterinarian and Farrier teams our facility works with
- Hair Tissue Mineral Analysis and interpretation as necessary to help with balancing of micro nutrients
- Assisi Loop (PEMF) sessions as needed
- Theraplate sessions as needed
- Equine Sports Massage as needed
- Absolutely no pesticides, herbicides, or toxic chemicals are used on this property. All cleaning products are EWG verified.
- Fly spray system with non-toxic, natural fly spray
- Weekly photos to help document physical changes during the healing process
- Monthly video to document progression of soundness (when applicable)
- Customized physical therapy and re-conditioning regime
- Charting of observations, progress, and physical therapy sessions for the duration of the horse's therapy
- Access to our 88' x 164' grass, therapy arena
- Practitioner lives on site
- 24/7 camera monitoring within the barn (owners have access via app on their phones)
Cost of program: $1500/month